Skip to main content

Reply to "Absolute Frustration With sellers"

quote:
Originally posted by DipPenMan:
A good lesson for the uninformed. _STOP_ using money orders (bank or otherwise) and start using cashier's checks issued by your bank. If you have a nice account, they will not charge you...just ask. A cashier's check will be typed by the teller and include the name of both the payer and payee and any other information that you might want to include (such as an Ebay number). A cashier's check, as apposed to a money order, can be traced....and after filling out a form and filing a claim, funds can be recovered in full (6 months usually). As a retired banker, I can assure you this is accurate information. Ed.

DipPenMen,

My personal account is at a different bank than my business account, I haven't been in the bank for my personal account in over 3 years, I was in my business bank for the first time in years last summer (they generally come to my office, it had been so long my brother forgot where the bank was). It’s a 30-45 minute trip for me to go get a money order or cashiers check, I reduce my bid amounts by the cost of the money order.

Regardless of the safety or lack of it, the SELLER gave me the wrong address - I copied it from his email - the address of a business is so fundamental to running a business that I have a hard time accepting it as a normal mistake in the course of business. I gave him 3 different simple ways to solve the problem and he won't do them and bidpay requires both parties to participate as they tell the seller a money order is coming. I can't force the seller to participate nor should I have to do all the work for his mistake but I had to give him detailed instructions as he could not read the instructions on the website. I am the customer; the seller should be more proactive in satisfying the customer and should take some responsibility for their mistake. There are many sellers that can't compose simple letters or email and my point is they are now running home businesses and they aren't very good at the basic business skills. I would rather use Paypal or personal checks but in some transaction I can't