Skip to main content

Reply to "3 snipes today - none placed!!!"

Marty,

I'm glad to see things are working out for you with AS. I may have been a little rough on you earlier. Hard for me to remain objective.

Like most everyone, I use to do manual snipes. They were such a pain. Placing snipes during dinner; interrupting a movie; making appointments around snipes. So, when I discovered AS, I was hooked. It really is a great service, but like everything, it's not perfect.

I sometimes forget the stress that newbies, and experienced AS'ers, go thru when their snipe isn't placed. When it happens to a newbie - bad luck, and it's understandable that they want to say something about it. When it happens to an experienced AS'er with a load of successful snipes, it's harder to understand some of the comments they make (I'm not suggesting you fall into either of these groups - it's just a source of frustration when working with people on this forum).

So, people come on and complain about snipes not being placed (most of the time it's due to short lead times, not reaching the next bid increment, or they reused a bid group - when it's AS' fault, Sara is very good about letting everyone know).

Also, others sometime complain about snipes being placed too early. It's like, "damn if you do, and damn if you don't." If we could somehow switch the snipes that didn't get placed with the snipes that got placed early, maybe everyone would be happy. Wink

So, since I think this is a great service; better than anything else out there for sniping; I start to think that some people just don't know how good they have it. You're comments were fairly tame, but some people come on here and are ready to kill. I sometimes wonder how they would feel if AS went out of business, or if AS were to tell everyone, "Sorry, we're doing an upgrade and we'll be shutdown for a week." I'd bet there be less complaints about a snipe being placed 10 seconds early (again, I'm not suggesting you fall into this category).

Anyway, I'm rambling, and this probably isn't as much for your benefit as it is for mine.

Again, glad things are going well for you with your snipes, and now that you posted on this forum, don't be a stranger. 11 more posts and your status will change from "JuniorSniper" to "Sniper".

Didn't mean to reopen this thread - thought you might want to hear this.