Skip to main content

I just lost another to a lower bidder, I bid $43.00 winning bid was $40.00. Status is
"Did Not Win". I received an email with a link to the reason for my bid rejection, but this turned into a loop just kept asking for verification and never accepted when the code was entered. This happened once before, but this was when Ebay had the security breach and was requesting us to change passwords and I chalked it up to that
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

EXACTLY the same problem for me also today. I placed $6.76 on an item and the item was won by somebody else for ... $0.50 ! Auction sniper said "Did Not Win". And when I want to see the eBay answer, I enter on a infinite loop of security number that never works. I placed 4 new snips 30 minutes ago, but I'm not sure I'll finaly use Auction Sniper to bid on the items, I have probably more chances to win if I place myself the bid before going to my work tomorrow !
The same thing has been happening to me.On Aug.31 I lost three auctions which Auction Sniper later admitted was due to their computers having some sort of problems. Today, Auction Sniper somehow had me lose three more auctions I should have won. One of the auctions had zero other bids in it, but I still lost! Auction Sniper has also become completely confused regarding my account information, which I'm wondering if that has anything to do with their repeatedly mis-bidding on my behalf. I did win one auction today,which makes all this even more confusing. I also had the same experience when I tried to enter the security code numbers, and like you,ended up never getting through the security Loop of Death. Have tried to change my password to match the Ebay password (which I thought was required),but somehow they never register the change, and are instead using a very old password I used to have. All of this trouble started when the security breach happened and we were asked to change our passwords. Auction Sniper's computers are a mess right now. How can we get them to fix this? I'm getting too worn out fighting this, and am thinking of quitting Auction Sniper. This just isn't fun.
Hello All -

We encountered some technical difficulties yesterday with placing snipes at intervals, and some snipes may not show the correct status messages if they were to be placed when the difficulty was occurring. However, our engineers have since resolved that issue and your current snipes should be set appropriately.

As for the Captcha codes, please note that if you are attempting to add that code via the Confirmation page from a snipe record, please be aware that the Confirmation page is not an actual eBay page, but a record of the last communication between Auction Sniper and eBay when Sniper attempted to place your bid. It is not expected to operate as a regular eBay page, as it is a snap shot of that page.

If you have a snipe that you would like us to review, please include the item number in a support case, which you can file from the Help Menu of the site so we can take a look.

- Craig
I feel your pain. I lost an auction where I bid 43.00 on something that went for 23.00. This was not the first time and trying to deal with customer service gets maddening. They have an idea what you should be offered and that is that, One bid they failed me with cost me a couple of hundred dollars. This seems to not matter to Auction sniper at all. Oh well. Is their attitude. Then 2X getting messages from "customer service" stating they "don't understand what I am talking about." They only needed to pull up my past complaints. Did they? NO. I will not be buffaloed into cheap solutions. Oh, and the best part of this: I am a 14, nearly 15 year long customer. I am seriously reconsidering my relationship with this company. After all this time I get this sort of treatment..I don't think so.
Eleventhheaven7
Hello All -

Our engineers are continuing to look into the issue where eBay presents captcha's far more often than usual and are seeking a solution from our end. At this time, I have no ETA on when such may become available, but will update this thread again as soon as there is more information.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Craig
quote:
Captcha

Another response to blocked bids. Below sent to AS but no response from them.

=============
HI, tnks for response. I am an analytical

person so am digging into the mechanics of the placing of a bid automatically and so forth. I will add further here, the seller of the item identified here, has/had several similar items on combo buy-now and bid. A similar item had 4 bids prior to sale, winning bids but below the Buy-Now price. BUT, it appears the item did not sell and was also re-listed automatically. After the auction close, I was not able to find that item with 4 standing bids to be listed as sold, just re-listed. Is there a way, now, that ebay 'sellers" can automatically cancel an auction, void existing good bids and then automatically re-list items, in the last few seconds ?? Today I have talked to other ebay buyers who have had similar weird experiences, this past 2 months. What are you views, since this will definitely affect the value of an auction sniping service. I have to date never seen a Captcha Page requirement to PLACE a bid.
=============

So there is more going on than just Captcha. Obviously a maneuver by ebay to block bid sniping, forcing people to throw larger initial bids at the auction. Also the canceling of bids by the seller, with no record of it, must be a new feature of ebay for their bulk sellers. If the seller does not like to bids he can just cancel the whole auciton and re-list the item.

IF and that is IF AS was smart, they would set up a feature where the customer could set an initial bid via AS to test to see if the snipe will go through. Say place a initial bid at the time the snipe is programed. If the test initial snipe does not go through, then the final snipe or the closing of auction snipe won't go through. Might as well find out early.

Any comments out there especially from AS ??? I have several accounts on AS and for over 10 years, but, if it's broke, it's worthless.
quote:
Originally posted by chunk:
I just lost another to a lower bidder, I bid $43.00 winning bid was $40.00. Status is
"Did Not Win". I received an email with a link to the reason for my bid rejection, but this turned into a loop just kept asking for verification and never accepted when the code was entered. This happened once before, but this was when Ebay had the security breach and was requesting us to change passwords and I chalked it up to that

Still going on, going in loop as of September 29th.
Well looks like the end of bid sniping on ebay and a lot of other forums. It appears all the other sniper services are having the same problem. A design change on ebay global services not just USA.

http://www.sensibledevelopment...ent-auction-sniping/

I have tried to log into my ebay account(s) using the same laptop computer I use in USA, but outside of USA and have had considerable difficulty to the point I did not want to mess up the ebay account by continuing. So it appears besides captcha they are also looking at your historical IP addresses and such. So if your historical account IP is different than your bid sniper service, ebay plays monkey business. To further confuse the tec's at a bid sniper service, they changes and affects are not consistent. This causes confusion and disarray in the snipping community. Welcome to the 21st century and the world of mind games.
Hello eBaey-empire,

Unfortunately, eBay can present a captcha or other confirmation page at any time for any account, so attempting to test eBay's response prior to a snipe actually being set may not provide results that would make a difference to a snipe. There is no way for our system to know ahead of time if eBay is going to make such a request when it logs in to place a bid, as eBay may present a captcha at one time that does not occur at a later time.

Please be aware that the Confirmation pages from snipe records are records - they are not actual eBay pages. They are snap shots of the last communication between Auction Sniper and eBay at the time Sniper attempts to place your bid, so a captcha page showing on a snipe's confirmation page was a request that eBay made when our system attempted to log in to that account. These are not actual eBay pages and are not intended to operate as such.

As we are unrelated to eBay, I am unable to say what changes they may have made or may be making, however, our engineers are continuing to look into this and I will update this thread again as soon as there is more information.

- Craig

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.