Skip to main content

Hi all!

After reading the forums for a bit and talking to some friends, I tried to sign up with AS, but it's telling me my Ebay username and password are invalid. Help! I do really exist, I promise I do!

I've already initiated a support case, how long will it take? I have an auction coming due tomorrow night I'd like to win.

Thanks for your time.

Just smee.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A quote from Puppy you might also try.

quote:
AS checks validity only when you change your ID and/or password at AS. It does NOT check it periodically.

If you changed your ID and/or Password at eBay, AS will not know this untill it attempts to place a bid for you.

Click on My Snipes tab
Click Modify Account
Enter password and verify
Click Update Account Information (at the bottom)
or
Hit Enter Key.

If invalid AS will tell you. (in red letters) If valid I believe you will be taken to the My Snipes page.

There is one other possibility --> >> Click Here << for that.

Thanks so much for your reply, and the great welcome!!

To the best of my knowledge I have my case right, went back to ebay and logged in, and that worked. Opening 'my snipes' doesn't work, because it says that my username and pass don't match.

I'm thinking of opening another ebay account for my husband to buy his own silly car parts, and seeing if that works!!

Hmmm. I just went and found the reference that the quoted text from Puppy cites, and earlier today I did try to get in once to my account and entered the wrong password. But ebay let me in went I went back... so I'll give it a shot again in the morning, I guess. sigh.
Last edited {1}
Hi,

Ebay made a change last night to the sign in process. While this has not affected placing snipes, it did cause a couple of things to no longer work.

This included Signing up as a new user, updating your password/username, and the My Wins page.

We've gone ahead and made the fix and you should be able to use the above three features as normal now. The Import Wizard is still broken and we're working on that right now.

Please let us know if you still can't sign in or update your username/password.

-Kevin
Hooray - but it's not the 1st time that things are broken on-line. I worked for a software house in support and we'd never release software without it being tested thoroughly, 1st by the developers and then by us in support. If it was a major change then we'd run it by a few trusted users for a final check then release it formally.

What I'm apparently seeing at AS is modifications being released whilst still under development. [This has been confirmed by one support guy so it almost certainly is a fact]. This inevitably results in problems and causes loss of trust in the product. Moreover, it undoubtably means that customers are lost (think about it, how many people walk away for every one that posts his/her problem here?) which cannot make economic sense.

Hey, I like AS and don't want it to go bust. Wink

R2

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.