Skip to main content

Hi Community,

As some users have reported on our community forum, we are receiving reports from several users indicating that the import wizard tool is not returning any or all items. This appears to be occurring due to the roll out of eBay's new "view item" page as well as some new restrictions that are being placed on the way international listings can be viewed.

Our engineering team is looking into possible solutions for this problem and we will have this tool working reliably again as soon as we can, although I cannot provide a specific ETA as to when it will be resolved at this time.

If you are unable to get the items you would like to snipe into your Auction Sniper account using the import wizard, I recommend adding the snipes on those items manually using the "Add a New Snipe" box under the "My Snipes tab within your account or by installing the "Snipe it Now" link on your browser, which you can learn more about on the following page of our site: http://www.auctionsniper.com/helpsnipeit.aspx

I will post further updates on this issue to this thread as additional information becomes available. We apologize for any inconveniences this issue may be causing!

-Mike
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

Update - Our engineering team has identified the areas of our code that need to be updated to accommodate these new eBay changes and we're in the process or writing the new code that we expect will resolve this problem now. It currently looks like we might be able to have a fix for this issue out the door at some point next week.

I will update this thread when the fix has been implemented or if there are any significant changes to this plan. Thanks for bearing with us as we deal with these changes!

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - We just released a code change this afternoon that we expect will fix most if not all of the issues that have been causing many users to be unable to import their watches into Auction Sniper from their eBay watch lists. Therefore, if you were previously having trouble in this regard, hopefully you will find that you can import your watches once again.

If you continue to have trouble importing your watches, please let us know by contacting our customer support team using the form on the following page of our site: http://support.auctionsniper.com

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - We have received several more reports indicating that the watch importing functionality still isn't working properly for some users so it appears the fixes we put in place earlier this week did not fully address this problem as we had hoped. Our engineering team is investigating these new reports and we'll get a solution in place as soon as we can.

I will post further updates on this issue to this thread as additional information becomes available. Thanks for bearing with us as we adjust our system to accommodate for these recent eBay changes.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - I just spoke to our engineering team about this and it sounds like they have a pretty good lead on why some users are still having problems with the watch importing tool. We're going to begin the coding necessary to correct this problem shortly and I'll update this thread again as soon as a get a good indication of when this problem may be resolved.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - While the main problems with the watch importing functionality that I mentioned upon starting this thread have been resolved and most items can be successfully imported into Auction Sniper using those tools, we are still receiving a few cases in which certain items cannot be imported and we're still looking into those.

We've tried a few different things recently in order to get those remaining issues resolved, but it's turning out to be more challenging than we had hoped and further investigation by our engineering team is still ongoing to get solutions in place to deal with the situations in which the import wizard may fail.

I will update this thread again when I have some additional information regarding this issue to share. Thanks again for bearing with us as we try to track down what needs to be done to deal with all the recent eBay changes.

-Mike
Link copied to your clipboard.