Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ok, I understand that this could be quite misleading for new users. But actually I get outbidded by manual snipers and even if I set a 3s LT all snipes arrives always in time because they are placed quite early. Would be nice to set snipes of -1,0,1 or 2 seconds with a BIG WARNING saying that I would lost my auction for sure rather than not having it. Because if I see my snipe detail time skew is always 3-4s earlier respect effective LT requested. Just a thought.

Tnx,
Dario
quote:
Originally posted by Dario:
this is true, but from acutionsniper a can see the status page from ebay when the snipe was placed and 7s before the end I'm the higher bidder, few seconds later someone place a new winning snipe

Dario

I am not sure that I understand what your point is, or how it relates to what was said in my previous post. Please explain, thanks.
I think Chatter has hit the nail on the head - the bids that arrive after yours are higher than yours because the bidder has a better idea of what the item is worth - to win you need to research and place a snipe that's at the highest you want to spend and not worry about lead times. Remember sniping only prevents a bidding war, it doesn't guarantee a win.

All together now...

It's not the last bid that wins, it's the highest!

R2 (all clichéd out!)
Hi,
LT is 3s, according to status page from ebay returned on the snipe placed by auctionsniper I'm the higher bidder and in my experience those snipes were placed from 7s to 9s in advance before the end of the auction. Support told me that cannot be avoided, it happens rarely and actually affect a small % of all snipes. Maybe I'm so unlucky because I snipe on watches.

Bye,
Dario

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.