Skip to main content

Hi,

I had been posting earlier tonight using Auctiva. I had this message to pop on my posting page.

"Attention Sellers:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eBay does not permit links that encourage buyers to place their eBay bids through a site other than eBay. There has recently been an increase in links to the Auction Sniper site in listings from sellers who use Auctiva tools. Users are responsible for the content of their listings and links to the Auction Sniper site are not permitted. eBay has requested Auctiva to stop facilitating these links. However many sellers have templates that still contain these links. In order to avoid the premature ending of your listings we ask that any links to auction sniper be removed. If you have already removed these links we appreciate your cooperation. You can see the full links policy here"

I have tried every way I know how to remove this link. Support at Auctiva has not answered my request yet.

Would you please let me know how to do this.

I have over 600 active auctions right not and cannot afford to get barred from eBay. It will take a while to remove all of this info from my auctions.

Please help.

Thanks, Clair
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Clair

I personally have no clue how to help you on this. I know another seller who's probably having the same difficulty. Also, Cliff and I were trying to figure out this business earlier. I wish I help.

Have you gone to the discussion boards yet? Talked to any other sellers using Auctiva?

Neva
Good Morning Clair and Neva:

Removing them is very easy but very time consuming. Email me you phone number or email me your email address and I'll send you mine and I will be more than happy to walk you through the process. Simply put, one has to go to the auctions one by one and revise each auction, assuming it has NO bids, them remove the HTML lines from AS, always usually at the bottom of the auction HTML text as it is added by AS after one has already listed their ad and it is easier still to find as it preceeeded by the line "at 12:15 on January 12, 20002, the seller addded the following:".

Regards,

Cliff
Email: henriceh@cs.com
Thank you very much for helping each other with this problem. We did not anticipate this much 'trouble' from eBay and find their intervention rather unnecessary. Seems that you cannot link anything in your auctions these days.

Adam R.
Last edited {1}
Hi Cliff & Adam R,

After my last post, I decided not to "fan the flame" and simply wait until I could contribute something more substantive.

I finally found our guest, Clair, later in the evening of 01/05. Someone at Auctiva had contacted her and provided enough information for her to get started. She really did have a LOT of auctions to deal with.

Clair emailed me again on Sunday eve saying that another person at Auctiva assisted her by changing most of them en masse. To have changed them one by one would have taken a very long time with such a high volume. Relieved she was.

[Clair did ask me to thank you, Cliff, for the personal assistance you offered, but had just been contacted by Auctiva to help her with the bulk of her auctions. :-)]

The other sellers with whom I've spoken have voiced concerns with how both Auctiva and eBay handled this issue. They (sellers) were caught in the middle without having any notion of what had been brewing.

Adam, will there be any other incentive given to sellers instead?

I still like my Auction Sniper! Big Grin

Neva
Last edited {1}
Hello ScarlettZoe,

It is not clear what logo you refer to or where you expect it to be inserted, so I am not able to say.

If there is an element of the service that is not operating correctly for you or if you are having difficulty with a snipe, please feel free to file a support case from the Help tab of the site and let us know the details so we can take a look into it for you.

- Craig

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.