Skip to main content

I lost a second auction from a buyer (won the first) because of a "Seller Purchase Limit Reached" reason. Is this an eBay thing, or something that A.S. does? I've been on eBay for 16 years, so it's not my track record. Is there a limit for how many auctions I can win from the same buyer? Was the seller's low rating the reason (to prevent phony bids to build up feedback?) Help is appreciated. This seller has a number of other items that I'd like to bid, and I was very happy with the first purchase. on, but I don't know what bids will be rejected.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Bob P. -

It sounds like you are referring to the status of a snipe, which is the result of what occurred on eBay when we attempted to place your bid.

As noted on the page where the snipe definitions are shown, which you can reach by clicking on the status of any snipe record, Seller Purchase Limit Reached indicates: "Your snipe could not be placed because the limit of items you can purchase from a seller over a certain period has been reached."

Please keep in mind that this is what eBay sent back to Auction Sniper when it tried to place your bid - you should see a corresponding message on the Confirmation page for this snipe. The Confirmation page for any snipe is available by clicking on the right-most button in the title bar for the snipe in question; the button has an icon on it like an eye.

If you find that the status message on your snipe does not agree with what you find on the Confirmation page for the snipe, please file a support case from under the Help tab of the site letting us know the item number and the difficulty and we will be happy to look into it for you.

- Craig

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.