Skip to main content

I just set up a Bid Group folder for one particular item. I've added 11 different Item Numbers/Auctions to my Bid Group folder. For each one, I've entered my maximum bid, lead time, and chose "none" for Bid Enhancements. I didn't see any place to state that I only want to win one of these auctions - I only need one of this item. I assumed that, because the whole purpose of a Bid Group is to let AS watch an item and bid for you, that it's understood that I don't want to win more than one.

But what has me concerned and wondering if I'm wrong about that is, at the bottom of the page that shows the 11 items I've placed in that Bid Group folder, is a section titled "Totals for Above Snipes" and under that is a column "Max Bid". That column shows the total for all 11 items I've placed in that folder! It makes it appear as though I could be responsible for bidding and winning all 11 auctions and having to pay a total of $206! My maximum bid for each of the 11 auctions is set for $20 or less (depending on shipping).

Can someone please tell me if there is something I should have done to ensure that I would only be bidding on/winning one of the 11 auctions? PLEASE REPLY SOON AS THE 1st AUCTION WILL END IN 35 MINUTES.

Thank you.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello CaJa71 -

You can manage a bid group folder on the Manage Folders page of your account which you can reach from the My Snipes menu after logging in.

There are fields for each bid group folder you have or create on that page where you can set the number of wins you wish that folder to achieve prior to other items no longer having bids placed. The default for a bid group folder is 1, so if you changed nothing, and set the folder up correctly as a bid group folder, the bidding should stop after 1 item is won.

If you have other questions about this or would like us to take a look at a folder you have set up in your account, please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site and we will be happy to look into it for you. Please note that we have representatives responding to support cases 24 x 7 and can usually get back to you fairly quickly that way.

- Craig
Thanks for replying. I just took another look at things, and the only place I see anything that could possibly be the "field...where you can set the number of wins you wish that folder to achieve" is on the "Manage Folders" page - in the box under "wins 0 of ___", just to the right of the drop down menu for selecting folder color. Is that the field you're referring to?

I don't see anything indicating the number of wins I wish on the "My Snipes" page that lists all the items in a the Bid Group folder. It was the total dollar amount at the bottom of that page (under "Total for Above Snipes") that had me concerned.
Hello CaJa71 -

Apologies for not being more clear. On the Manage Folders page there is a box underneath the space you refer to where it shows "Wins" , "0 of" and in that box, by default, is the number 1. This is what can be adjusted if you wanted to win more than one item out of a bid group folder.

Yes, the Totals information that shows at the bottom of the My Snipes page does show a total for all items in a folder, but it does not recognize bid group folders as such, so the total shows, but this is not an indicator that all of the items would be bid on.

I hope this helps.

- Craig
Thanks, Craig! I've got it now. Just wanted to be sure I was understanding it correctly.

And, by the the way, I was lucky enough to find and purchase the item I was bidding on through a Buy It Now listing - at less than the max price I was willing to pay! So I've removed everything from the Bid Group folder I had set up. But now, thanks to your help, I will know a little more about what I'm doing the next time. Smile

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.