Skip to main content

Hello, I'n not exactly new, I just rarely use either eBay or Auction sniper. Things here seem a lot different than when I last used thisservice in 2006! Big Grin

1. I want to bid on an item that has a "Buy it Now" (BIN)option. However, AS won't let me put in a price that is higher than the BIN price. The way I'm thinking, I'd like to try and get a better price, but will go over the BIN price and will accept the risk of someone BINing it before the auction end.

2. What are the option on a new snip for Bid increments? can I set (for instance) 5 bid increments and the item I want may be purchased for more than the BIN price?

Any other way I can set a larger bid price than the BIN price?

Thanks in advance.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
So if you're willing to pay more than the BIN price why not just buy it now?

I suspect AS isn't suitable for your needs - use eBay's proxy bidding instead...

R2

Is it wrong to want a good deal? that's what I would like to get. And proxy bidding is ultimately what AS also uses. I'd jus tlike to wait to the last few seconds before I proxy-bid. Smile

Ofc, I understand the risk of someone "sniping" me by using BIN. Frown Still mulling over that risk vis-a-vis this item.
quote:
Originally posted by Amalfi:
Ofc, I understand the risk of someone "sniping" me by using BIN. Frown Still mulling over that risk vis-a-vis this item.

I know this is an old thread now so the auction is likely to be over and done, but did you consider putting in an early proxy bid at the lowest possible price in order to remove the BIN option from the item? I know it tells others that you have an interest in the item, but if you are up against a 'nibbler' it might make them think you are only interested in paying the minimum price and have lost interest, not realising you only placed the bid so you were able to snipe.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.