Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi reintje,

I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult time updating the credit card on file with your account. In order to do so, just mouse over the "My Snipes" tab within your account, click the "Balance" option, update the details in the Credit Card Information section and then save your changes.

If you are unable to update your credit card via this process, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

We do not currently offer phone support, but we will be happy to assist you via this support medium.

-Mike
I'm having the same frustrating experience. I am unable to snipe because I don't have a card on file. There is no place to update my card. When I go to the area you suggest, this is all I see:
Credit Card Information
Credit Card Information Unavailable

There is no link to update it. But all of your help files tell me this is possible. What gives?
I have been having this trouble as well; only on my account page there is nothing about whether or not I have a credit card on file or not. Just the words "credit card" with no following information or link to anything. I have been using Windows 8 and Firefox 31. That seems to be the source of the trouble.

When I switched to Chrome 36.0, the link to update my credit card info appeared, and I was able to enter the new information and save it.

It seems like this problem is something that the tech support team might want to take a look at.
Hello Scott54,

Our engineers are aware of this issue and have been looking into a solution that resolves the issue across all browsers, however I have no ETA at this time for when that will become available.

Currently, as you have seen, you can work around the issue in IE 11 by setting your browser to view the site in Compatibility View from the IE Tools menu. Alternately, using a browser that you do not typically use should have the page display correctly.

For Firefox or Chrome, this issue is typically resolved by making a password reset request from the Log In page: "Forgot Your Password" option and using the email to reset your password to your existing password.

We will update this thread again when we have more information regarding this issue or become aware of a differing work-around for the difficulty.

- Craig
Hi,

Just to say that I also couldn't update my credit card because the necessary links weren't visible. However rather than go down the Forgotten Password route I simply logged out and then back in. I noticed the login page design had changed and now the credit card links etc were visible. Updating was easy. Because I normally leave myself logged into the site I think the browser was continually loading some site pages from the cache (in fact emptying the cache would have been my next step, otherwise using another browser). Until a foolproof solution is found AS might want to add a note in the payments section advising users how to get past this glitch.
Hello Community -

Unfortunately, there have been no new updates regarding this difficulty on the Balance page of accounts, however this thread will be updated when new information regarding this becomes available.

If the steps I mentioned regarding using a password reset in Firefox are not working for you, please file a support case from under the Help tab of the site detailing what occurs for you both before and after trying this step - letting us know the details of what occurs and the full text of any error message you might encounter so we can look into it further.

Apologies for the continued inconvenience.

- Craig
Hello Jim -

I am not aware of any issues on our end that would have caused this to occur, so it is unclear if the difficulty was related to something on our end or perhaps a network connection on the internet. I would suggest that you first clear the cache of your browser to ensure that it has not cached the error message page prior to trying again. If the difficulty persists, please reset your modem and/or router to see if this helps resolve the difficulty.

Should you continue to have problems, please file a support case from under the Help tab of the site and let us know the details of what is occurring for you as well as letting us know if you have tried these suggestions so we can look into it further. We may need to request a trace route from you to have a look at the connection between you and our servers.

- Craig
Hi, Craig.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I should not have said most of the site does not work. I only tried a couple of tabs and neither worked, but after trying some more, most of them did work. Anyway, I still have the problem with FF 17.x after clearing cache, but no problem with other browsers.

There is something about these links that are not compatible with FF 17.x:
https://www.auctionsniper.com/accountinfo.aspx
https://www.auctionsniper.com/...o.aspx?toTab=payment

Regards,
Jim
Hello Jim,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The site is typically optimized for use with the current version of available browsers and Firefox 17 is not the current version - Firefox is up to version 38, so you may want to consider updating your browser, to ensure that it has the capacity for current security settings as TLS 1.1 and 1.2 need to be enabled in a browser for it to operate correctly on the site currently. The current versions of both Firefox and Chrome have these settings enabled by default.

- Craig
Hi, Craig.

I knew you were going to say that. :-)

I have no plans to upgrade Firefox. Version 17 works fine just about everywhere I go, and the newer versions are really hogs that are becoming less customizable (no more support of user.js, so you can't automatically block websites that reload) and full of bugs, IMO. 17.x only has TLS 1.0 though.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.