Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
AS's Id and password must match Ebay's for it to work.
Hopefully, region2, your Binford 3000 Crystal Ball is still under warranty.

http://www.auctionsniper.com/SnipeStatus.aspx

Unable to Sign In:
To place your bid, we signin to eBay up to three minutes before your snipe time. This status means eBay did not respond to our login requests soon enough for us to place the snipe. This error should be rare, and only happens during extreme spikes in eBay traffic.”

Invalid UserID/Pass:
The username and password for your AuctionSniper account did not match your username and password on eBay. We were unable to place your snipe.”

As I’ve said many times before, best to contact support (using the link in my previous post) for reliable information.
The user id and PW for AS and Ebay are the same.

I've won previous auctions through AS and just won another auction today.

What is the value of snipe confirmation in these cases? It just points me to the ebay listing confirming a winning price that is lower than my AS bid.

I really don't understand, how it can take more than 3 minutes to log in to Ebay. I've never had that problem before.

I've taken the advice provided and have sent a request in to the support team.

Thanks
Was it because you did not have an ebay telephone PIN?

If I logon on to ebay.com (only with .com) then I get an error and have to manually click the continue button. I could imagine that if you logon automatically you do not expect this extra step, so it is not in the script and then the script aborts.

Could this be happening?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.