Skip to main content

I just got the following email(abridged):
Your Max Bid: 41.87
Current Item Price: 36.00
Status Summary: Invalid UserId/Pass
Your snipe did not win because of the reason above

WTF? I haven't changed ID or password, and I was signed into both eBay and Auction Sniper at the close of auction with the same ID and password as always.
Another Auction Sniper screw up?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

AS reply to my email to support:
Hi,
Thanks for contacting Auction Sniper Support regarding this matter and sorry to inform you that currently eBay has made some changes in his login process and that is causing snipe is returning back with message of 'Invalid User/Pass'. I'd like to report that now this issue has been resolved and your future snipes will go fine.

As a humble gesture of apology, I'm crediting your account with one free snipe. You can confirm the same from your 'Balance' page. Please do let me know in case of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
Auction Sniper Support

I may have lost this auction because of this, my max bid was well above closing auction bid. Wow, 1 free snipe in exchange for losing an item I'll likely not see again. Thanks, AS
Hello -

Unfortunately, eBay changes happen without warning. Any small change that eBay makes has the potential to interfere with our ability to properly place snipes or properly report what is happening with an auction.

eBay made a change on Friday 9/23 that we noticed and we pushed a fix out later that day. We confirmed the fix but some auctions, and it looks like yours was one of them, were caught in the pre-fix situation.

We take care to watch Auction Sniper closely to catch eBay changes that cause problems as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
Cara
I'm having a problem getting my password changed to match my ebay account. I get the following message after hitting SAVE:

There was an error(s) in the following fields: eBay Username

But I've confirmed the user name does match that of ebay so I'm at a loss. Literally, because my snipe didn't go through today! Would be nice if AS at least did a test log-on prior to a snipe so it could alert users in advance if there is a problem, rather than finding out after the fact that you lost the auction b/c it couldn't log in!

Also, when I click to verify my ebay account I get the following error:

4 Digit Code is Enabled.
Unable to confirm eBay username/password; 4 digit security code is enabled. Please go to www.ebay.com and login manually to reset this code.

I've opened a Support ticket, so please don't send me the link to do so, I just want this fixed!!
quote:
I'm having a problem getting my password changed to match my ebay account. I get the following message after hitting SAVE:

But I've confirmed the user name does match that of ebay so I'm at a loss. Literally, because my snipe didn't go through today! Would be nice if AS at least did a test log-on prior to a snipe so it could alert users in advance if there is a problem, rather than finding out after the fact that you lost the auction b/c it couldn't log in!

4 Digit Code is Enabled.
Unable to confirm eBay username/password; 4 digit security code is enabled. Please go to www.ebay.com and login manually to reset this code.

I've tried to change the user name to match that of ebay so I'm at a loss. I will not allow me to saying it is invalid wrong ,which it definately is not .

4 Digit Code is Enabled.

I have lost a big item I will never see again today .I am shattered !! I have used sniper for years with no problem then out of the blue the snipe does not work and I get the message /reason Invalid UserID/Pass .I have not changed anything at all for years!!

So I try to do the whole thing from scratch changing my password on ebay and now I need to make the sniper password the same but am not able to do so.
I was able to log into Auction Sniper, place a bid successfully and then when it came to 3 seconds--nothing. After the fact I got this email:
Auction Sniper Snipe Status Report
eBay Item:
Coach 14577 MADISON LARGE LEATHER HIPPIE--
(Item # 261070035900)
Seller: mamienesbit2012
Your Max Bid: US $85.99
Current Item Price: US $61.58
Click Here To See Similar Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status Summary: Invalid UserId/Pass
Your snipe did not win because of the reason above
Click here to see eBay's response to your snipe

Suggestion: You might want to consider using Auction Sniper Bid Groups. With Bid Groups, you can bid on the same item from multiple sellers. Click here for more information.

what??? Could they have mentioned this before I placed the snipe so corrections could have been made and I would have easily won the item. I contaced "support" (7/23/12). Getting one free snipe is not going to do it for me.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.